Childhood memories

Discussions on Asian cinemas: Japanese, Korean, Thai, ....

Childhood memories

Postby Bearserk » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:28 pm

Came across this little Teaser while surfing the net.

One of my really good childhood memories so I really hope that they are able to maintain the good feeling that the series had.
Been a long time since I watched the series, so I should try and get hold of it with original language and english subs.
Something to keep me occupied until the movie comes out, which is going to be a looonnnnngg wait.
Bearserk
Chief Image Editor

Re: Childhood memories

Postby Brian Thibodeau » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:18 am

Didn't watch this show when I was younger, so don't know much about it, but the movie looks to have the kind of budget that should do it justice, to say the least. New FX technologies make pretty much any anime series worth considering in live action, though the track record of Japanese filmmakers in this regard has been decidedly mixed, especially if you factor in the low-budget cheesecake-ier adaptations that seem to come out on a regular basis.
Brian Thibodeau

Postby Bearserk » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:41 pm

Seems someone has posted episode of the original anime on youtube as well, Episode 1 part 1 of 3.
Bit dated but well worth the look even today for those that haven't seen it before ;)
Bearserk
Chief Image Editor

Postby Gaijin84 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:10 pm

Funny that you mention this... I had the same feeling a month ago and went on a search for the original series on Region Free DVDs. I actually found exactly what you're looking for! These sets are in the original Japanese with Chinese and English subtitles. They are burned in, but the video quality is pretty good! A little pixelated in parts, but totally uncut and well worth the price.

This is what the covers look like:
http://www.sundevildvd.com/store/product.php?cat=248&page=3&productid=16401

The link provided is actually a really good price, I paid $25-30 for each set. All 76 episodes are included.
Gaijin84
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Bearserk » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:31 pm

Thanks, I might just have to get those :D
Turning subs on and off is not that important as I would have to have them on anyways :)
Bearserk
Chief Image Editor

Return to Asian Movies