Phillip Ko Fei in "Ruthless Family"?

Additions and modifications to the database

Phillip Ko Fei in "Ruthless Family"?

Postby Chen Hung Lieh » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:52 pm

Hello,

http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?i ... ay_set=eng

HKMDb credits:
"Phillip Ko Fei ... Loan shark"

There's indeed a ?? in the credits, but I couldn't recognize Phillip Ko anywhere in the movie, neither in the US vhs nor in a Taiwan vhs copy.
Also, the only person that may point to a "loan shark" (this word is nowhere mentioned in the subtitles) is the guy in the Karaoke bar who offers Chan Wai-Man's girl money for keeping him company on some journey, and Chan Wai-Man urges her to agree, because he's after the money.

There are around 6 or 7 different ??'s in HKMDB, mostly without pictures.

Chen Hung Lieh
HKMDB Editor

Re: Phillip Ko Fei in "Ruthless Family"?

Postby calros » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:54 am

Maybe Ko appears in a little role and maybe it was cut in your copy.
calros
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Chen Hung Lieh » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:15 pm

calros wrote:Maybe Ko appears in a little role and maybe it was cut in your copy.
Although I already watched two slightly different cuts, it would not surprise me if there's another alternate cut. If this is the case, the editor who added him must know the uncut version and can solve this mystery, in case he's still active and reads this topic.
Chen Hung Lieh
HKMDB Editor

Postby Michael Kistner » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:02 am

I added the role name, he has only a very small role in one scene - I watched the movie 1, 2 years ago.
Michael Kistner
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Chen Hung Lieh » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:10 pm

I found him now, it must be "Keung", as I thought myself at the very beginning too. For some reason I dropped this thought as he seemed not to play a loan shark himself but the lackey of some boss Wah (whom Chan Wai-Man owes money, so boss Wah must be the loan shark even though it is nowhere clearly mentioned), and when my attention suddenly was stuck on the guy in the night club, I forgot about the other scene and was lost...

Thank you, Michael. Mystery solved.

EDIT:
Would it not be more precise to change Ko's role name from "loan shark" to "Keung" (??)? Ko plays the lackey of the assumed loan shark "Boss Wah" (??), and it's not even clearly stated if he owes him money from a loan or from other reason like gambling for example.
Chen Hung Lieh
HKMDB Editor

Postby Michael Kistner » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:32 am

Would it not be more precise to change Ko's role name from "loan shark" to "Keung" (??)? Ko plays the lackey of the assumed loan shark "Boss Wah" (??), and it's not even clearly stated if he owes him money from a loan or from other reason like gambling for example.

I have nothing against the immediate change of his role name, it was me who added the role name.
Michael Kistner
HKMDB Immortal

Postby calros » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:42 pm

Changed.
calros
HKMDB Immortal

Return to Additions and Modifications