Thompson Kao Kang and Shan Mao untimely deaths

Additions and modifications to the database

Thompson Kao Kang and Shan Mao untimely deaths

Postby Mr.Lau » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:57 pm

Hi! I would know, if possible, some detail about stuntmen-actors Thompson Kao Kang and Taiwanese character Shan Mao: the former made 30 movies before he was murdered by a policeman in a street-quarrel, Hong Kong 4 august 1980. I've read his killing caused a strong reaction among local cinematic community. Does anyone know anything more about this? By the way Ko Kung made also a (terrible!) movie near my home in Rome: Kung Fu brothers in the wild west, filmed in the countryside of Rome in a western village I saw each time I went out with my parents. About Shan Mao he was a regular henchman in Wang Yu's or Bruce Li's movies and he also died untimely, murdered by a taxidriver armed with a screwdriver 14 February 1977, do you know something more about him? I've read he and his on-screen partner and real-life friend actor Lung Fei were associated with some Triad. Lung Fei is another old school movies' guy I would know better. I've read their filmography here and I'm grateful if HKMDB or his users can add any sort of details about their lives or deaths. Thanks so much and Happy New Year.
Mr.Lau

Re: Thompson Kao Kang and Shan Mao untimely deaths

Postby bkasten » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:39 pm

Mr. Lau - yes, I can add some of these details to our descriptions and notes of people at the bottom of their page. While I still call this "Biography", it really should be more of a one line description of what they are (actor, model, singer). I also like some some added information about cause of death, so I like your suggestion. If you would like to write something very specific for these other than what you have already provided, please forward it to me here or in mail.

Thompson Kao Kang :
http://hkmdb.com/db/people/view.mhtml?i ... ay_set=eng

Shan Mao:
http://hkmdb.com/db/people/view.mhtml?i ... ay_set=eng

So far, in my review of the Chinese language sources, I see very little about Thompson Kao Kang that isn't just copied HKMDB information.

Perhaps someone here can comment on these items as well.
bkasten
Administrator

Re: Thompson Kao Kang and Shan Mao untimely deaths

Postby Mr.Lau » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:46 pm

thank you very much.
Mr.Lau

Return to Additions and Modifications