Jackie Chan's teeth

Discussions about Hong Kong Movies

Jackie Chan's teeth

Postby p.i.klein » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:35 pm

TEETH:
Hwang Jang Lee is a tremendous kicker ... as I found out when he kicked out one of my teeth (accidentally) while we were making Snake in the Eagle's Shadow.

You can find these lines about Jackie on www.randomhouse.com.

I just watched an interview with Roy Horan who states, that Jackie (as a stuntman) didn't have any (front)teeth of his own. :lol:

It sounds very acceptable.
Last edited by p.i.klein on Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pieter, Leeuwarden, Holland
p.i.klein

Postby cal42 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:42 pm

I heard that it was only a cap that was knocked out though - implying that he's already lost part of the tooth anyway?
cal42

Postby Masterofoneinchpunch » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:21 pm

Where was (and how do you find it) the Roy Horan interview?

When you watch last fight scene with Hwang (Snake in the Eagle's Shadow) the beginning of the fight Jackie has all his teeth displayed and quickly into it he is missing a front tooth and has blood near it (though it does not appear that any of the scenes shows contact to the face.) If anyone knows more about that please write here :-).
My Amazon Reviews

“That’s Icky to Infinity.” – The Tick
Masterofoneinchpunch

Postby p.i.klein » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:28 am

The Roy Horan interview can be found on the Soulblade release of "The Snuff Bottle Connection". The main subject is ofcourse Hwang Jang Lee.

As you must have noticed the shots of the end-fight on "Snake in the Eagle's shadow" don't fit together very well. I believe the fight was much much longer, but not all the shots have been used. (I bought a HK-release too, just to see if those shots were on that one, but they were not.)
I must say it looks like Jackie has lost one of is front teeth. I don't see blood, but his gum and lip is very red, I must admid. There's no proof that this was caused by Hwang Jang Lee and as Roy was there, when the shots were taken, I like to believe what he says, till I have clear proof (Jackie's own words) that Roy is wrong.
Pieter, Leeuwarden, Holland
p.i.klein

Postby dung174 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:29 pm

cam on nhieu, minh rat thich
dung174

Postby bmwracer » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:11 pm

dung174 wrote:cam on nhieu, minh rat thich

Uh, yeah.
bmwracer

Postby Brian Thibodeau » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:32 pm

Apparently, he thinks Chan's content to play the victim, and extremely fond of himself.

I think..... :?
Brian Thibodeau

Postby bmwracer » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:15 am

Brian Thibodeau wrote:

Apparently, he thinks Chan's content to play the victim, and extremely fond of himself.

I think..... :?

That's easy for him to say. :wink:
bmwracer

Postby Brian Thibodeau » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:22 am

Yeah, I wonder if he (or she) noted the primary language of the site? :lol: Still, it's fun to play with translators - for awhile, anyways!
Brian Thibodeau

Postby bmwracer » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:02 pm

Brian Thibodeau wrote: Still, it's fun to play with translators

There's a Babel Fish translator for Klingon? :wink:
bmwracer

Postby Brian Thibodeau » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:14 pm

Well, I don't know about Klingon (and if there is an online translator for it, there shouldn't be! :shock: ), but there are a few options for Vietnamese. ;)
Brian Thibodeau

Postby cal42 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:10 pm

I still say it was just a cap that got knocked out, but I can't remember my source. I think it was probably Bey Logan in an edition of Impact.

Maybe we should start taking bets :P ? I'll put a tenner on a cap rather than a whole tooth.
cal42

Re:

Postby hungrytiger » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:26 pm

Masterofoneinchpunch wrote:Where was (and how do you find it) the Roy Horan interview?

When you watch last fight scene with Hwang (Snake in the Eagle's Shadow) the beginning of the fight Jackie has all his teeth displayed and quickly into it he is missing a front tooth and has blood near it (though it does not appear that any of the scenes shows contact to the face.) If anyone knows more about that please write here :-).

they left the part where he gets his teeth kicked out in the film if you look you can see the tooth go flying
hungrytiger

Re: Re:

Postby Masterofoneinchpunch » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:35 pm

hungrytiger wrote:
Masterofoneinchpunch wrote:Where was (and how do you find it) the Roy Horan interview?

they left the part where he gets his teeth kicked out in the film if you look you can see the tooth go flying

If you have a still of this please post here. I will look again and step through the images to see if it is there.
My Amazon Reviews

“That’s Icky to Infinity.” – The Tick
Masterofoneinchpunch

Re: Jackie Chan's teeth

Postby hungrytiger » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:33 am

i'll check the film and tell you at what time it happens
hungrytiger

Re: Jackie Chan's teeth

Postby hungrytiger » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:33 am

i'll check the film and tell you at what time it happens
hungrytiger

Return to Hong Kong Movies