Movie from the 80s

Discussions about Hong Kong Movies

Movie from the 80s

Postby evecadu » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:31 pm

Hello Im trying to find this movie that has two guys: a chinese and a bald (goofy) american one, the movie takes place in asia (cant remember) they have this mini-robots that they use to destroy other robots, those robots are assembled by them (actually the robot business is own by the chinese guy, and the bald guy just sticks around since they are both on trouble), I remember a fight in a disco where those 2 guys and out on a date, each one with a girl thats is from their race (an american chick kindda moody, and a chinese cute one ) at the end of the fight they trash the whole place.

Please help, I try looking for Jackie Chan since the guy looks like JC on Police Story..help...this is a movie I havent seen in 15 years, I used to rent it on betamax back in Venezuela

Thanks
evecadu

Postby cal42 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:51 pm

Sounds a bit like Aces Go Places 2 to me: http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?i ... ay_set=eng
cal42

Postby Brian Thibodeau » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:14 pm

That's absolutely the movie! Love that disco fight, too, especially when Sylvia Chang kicks that guy through that big supporting structure in the middle of the room! :D

Both the main guys, though, including the bald one, were Chinese! One just played an American.
Brian Thibodeau

Postby cal42 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:36 pm

Yeah, thought it was. But I haven't seen it in a long time. I seem to remember it being one of the more enjoyable films in the series, and certainly more enjoyable than some of the reviewers thought. I might have to watch it again and submit one of my own.
cal42

Return to Hong Kong Movies