The Departed dont watch it !!

Discussions about Hong Kong Movies

The Departed dont watch it !!

Postby steve_cole1 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:17 am

A mate of mine who has no intrest in HK films dragged me to see this crap fest . The only difference is the first 20 mins of the film otherwise its a rerun of infernal affairs but badly made worse actors in my opinion bar Nicholson who was quite good in it and it had a we run out of money sort of ending. It was so bad i would rather watch infernal affairs 3 a few more times. Why does hollywood keep remaking these films!!!!
steve_cole1

Postby MrBooth » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:25 pm

Because Hollywood has a god-given mission to protect us from quality cinema, and through that from ourselves?
MrBooth
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Gaijin84 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:50 am

Amen to that! I need all the protection I can get. :P
Gaijin84
HKMDB Immortal

Re: The Departed dont watch it !!

Postby sylvio » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:26 pm

steve_cole1 wrote:A mate of mine who has no intrest in HK films dragged me to see this crap fest . The only difference is the first 20 mins of the film otherwise its a rerun of infernal affairs but badly made worse actors in my opinion bar Nicholson who was quite good in it and it had a we run out of money sort of ending. It was so bad i would rather watch infernal affairs 3 a few more times. Why does hollywood keep remaking these films!!!!

Because they will bring success!
I am not sure that The Departed is gonna be a bad movie, I will defintively give it a chance, and I love Infernal Affairs!
sylvio

Postby sylvio » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:54 pm

So, I have seen the film by now and I have to admit, it's a really cool movie! The complete cast is awesome, Leo Di Caprio is playing as if his life would be on the edge, Jack Nicholson is as great as always. On one hand Scorsese didn't touch the main plot and a lot of the little cool original jokes are in the movie but on the other hand they invited some new story lines.
That means, even if you know Infernal Affairs and who doesn't, you will be quite surprised sometimes.

All in all it's a good cop thriller, you shouldn't miss it in the cinema.
sylvio

Return to Hong Kong Movies