Better Tomorrow soundtrack question

Better Tomorrow soundtrack question

Postby BlackMoon » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:12 pm

Does anyone know what is that song in Better Tomorrow,when Mark gets shot in the leg in the restaurant shootout(when half dead guy crawls around the corner and fires).This song also used later in the film and used in Better Tomorrow 2(when Ken and Lung are fighting in hotel(when they leave the room,the corridor is shown and shootout begins).I'm talking about the cantonese versions by the way.Can anyone tell what is this song called and where can I get it.
BlackMoon

Postby bierce » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:22 am

A song with lyrics or a particular piece of music from the soundtrack? If it is just a soundtrack piece I doubt it could be found on a CD, or anywhere. If you mean the song at the beginning of the restaurant scene, that is a Taiwanese song. Or could you be referring to Leslie Cheung's song for the movie?
bierce

Postby BlackMoon » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:56 am

no,none of those.That song is instrumental.In Better Tomorrow 1,in the restourant shootout it starts right after when Chow Yun pulls the weapon from the first vase and kills the last guard (after he gets shot,blood spalts all over the wall,and he falls down with the painting).Than the song starts (also after the last guard Chow puts the toothpick in mouth).Right after then the survived guard crawls out of corner and shoots Chow in the leg.After Chow kills him,the song stops.And then it's a scene where policemen are investigating the restourant.
Maybe now someone will understand where song starts and where ends.
BlackMoon

Postby bierce » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:19 am

This instrumental piece you speak of would be very hard to find in a CD format. There is no "ABT soundtrack" CD (released anywhere) that I know of, or if there is one it would be very hard to find.
HK movies, especially older ones, would be unlikely to have a soundtrack released (excepting individual pop songs that featured in movies like Leslie Cheung's---which are on the singer's own records)
bierce

Postby Supreme Fatsi » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:00 am

bierce wrote:This instrumental piece you speak of would be very hard to find in a CD format. There is no "ABT soundtrack" CD (released anywhere) that I know of, or if there is one it would be very hard to find.

You're wrong pal, there is one soundtrack cd on rare japanese ABT box.
but very rare stuff !
Supreme Fatsi

Postby bierce » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:20 am

As I mentioned, pal, if there was one that was released it would be hard to find (like the Japanese box-set you have pointed out)
bierce

Postby BlackMoon » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:56 pm

I heard that soundtrack...This song wasn't included :/
BlackMoon

Postby BlackMoon » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:47 am

Well,at last I found that song.Believe me or not - the song is Peter Gabriel's named Birdy's Flight.I think that's the reason why it's not included in soundtrack..
BlackMoon

Postby thelostdragon » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:05 am

Black Moon is right. I was about to post that. It is indeed Peter Gabriel's "Birdy Flight".
thelostdragon

Postby Okun » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:26 pm

bierce wrote:A song with lyrics or a particular piece of music from the soundtrack? If it is just a soundtrack piece I doubt it could be found on a CD, or anywhere. If you mean the song at the beginning of the restaurant scene, that is a Taiwanese song. Or could you be referring to Leslie Cheung's song for the movie?

Yeah, and the Taiwanese song in this scene? how can i found it? how is it called?
Okun

Postby KMGor » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:05 pm

thelostdragon wrote:Black Moon is right. I was about to post that. It is indeed Peter Gabriel's "Birdy Flight".

Wow, thanks for that. I like that small bit of music quite a bit too.
KMGor

Re: Better Tomorrow soundtrack question

Postby ekisha » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:31 pm

Can you help guys?
What songs is this?or who is the composer?
http://www.savefile.com/files/2093420
ekisha

Return to Hong Kong Soundtracks and Songs