2005: The Year that was...

Discussions on Asian cinemas: Japanese, Korean, Thai, ....

2005: The Year that was...

Postby Mike Thomason » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:45 am

Hey folks! :)

How'd you all shape up on the Asian cinema front? With the assistance of a couple of cool databases, to follow is my previous year's Asian cinema explorations (exempting titles made outside of the 2005 release year); as a word of caution, it's a bit of a juggernaut and may continue to be so if everyone else's viewing habits in any way mirror mine:

Hong Kong

Where Is Mama’s Boy?
Dragon Blade
Crazy N’ The City
PTU File: Death Trap
Himalaya Singh
Seoul Raiders
Slim Till Dead
It Had To Be You
AV
The Eye 10
House Of Fury
Colour Of The Loyalty
Set To Kill
2 Young
Divergence
The Unusual Youth
Fear Of Intimacy
Demoniac Flash
Set Up
Kung Fu Mahjong
Intial D
Dragon Reloaded
Bug Me Not!
Seven Swords
Mob Sister
Drink Drank Drunk
Moments Of Love
The Myth
Everlasting Regret
Wait ‘til You’re Older
Election
All About Love
Dragon Squad
Futago

Soon to see: Curse Of Lola, SPL, Kung Fu Mahjong 2

Malaysia

Sepet
(such a shame! Malaysia makes great movies - more need to be seen with English subtitles for us linguistically challenged people)

Singapore

Rice Rhapsody -- sadly no Jack Neo exports this past year... :cry:

South Korea

Daddy Long Legs
Jenny, Juno
She’s On Duty
A Bittersweet Life
Crying Fist
Antarctic Journal
The Wig
Cello

Soon to see: Marathon, My Boyfriend Is Type B, Mapado, Innocent Steps, The Red Shoes, Sympathy For Lady Vengeance, April Snow, Marrying The Mafia 2

Thailand

Werewolf In Bangkok
Happy Inn
The Holy Man
Necromancer
The Bullet Wives

Soon to see: Nanacha – Wily Child, The Brutal River, Dumber Heroes, The Perfect Killers, The Ghost Of Mae Nak
(Thailand needs to make more of its exemplary cinema available with English subs on DVD period! They're skipping OS $$$ at present)

What did everyone else see from the 2005 release year from the Asian territories? As you can see, I was a bit lax on Mainland China, Japan, Indonesia, Vietnam and the Philippines... :oops:

("Soon to see" notes titles I either have laying around my living room on DVD I have yet to find time to watch, or titles I have on order/am expecting from the respective territories)
Last edited by Mike Thomason on Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Thomason

Postby Knetan » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:02 pm

hey,

followed my heart and personal instict so again, spent much time between the production years, and solely HK got my attention in terms of 2005 productions. A few anyway:

2 Young
AV
Crazy N' The City
Drink Drank Drunk
Election
Everlasting Regret
Set To Kill
Slim Till Dead
Wait 'Til You're Older
Knetan

Return to Asian Movies