Need help to ID actor

All requests to identify actors in images.

Need help to ID actor

Postby AkiraRus » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:02 pm

Saw this guy pretty often in brothers Hui movies. This screen capture is from "The Last Message", also he played one of two unlucky grifters who planned to shoot down a racing horse (along with Joe Junior).

AkiraRus

Postby Brian Thibodeau » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:13 pm

Doesn't this guy play an antiques dealer who's after the treasure? The database lists the actor as Chiang Nan.
Brian Thibodeau

Postby AkiraRus » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:35 pm

No, it's not him - antiques dealer is a guy to whom Sam and Michael bring some broken plates they get from Roy Chiao and he tells them they worth a fortune. This actor plays one of two government agents who catch Sam and Michael Hui after they bring treasures to the shore. In all movies I saw him he wears some fancy clothes (like in this picture) and sunglasses. Maybe he's some famous fashion designer/art director like Nelson Cheung?
AkiraRus

Postby Brian Thibodeau » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:49 pm

Oops. It's been a while since I've seen it. I could've swore that the antiques guy and his pal followed Sam and Michael to the shore to intercept the real treasure because they knew the bits and pieces were either phony or part of a much larger haul that had yet to be found. Man, my memory's going! :oops:
Brian Thibodeau

Postby AkiraRus » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:29 pm

Oops twice. I can't recall who is right concerning final storyline twist, because myself saw the movie pretty long time ago. Anyway, Chiang Nan is not this guy - I remember his part, and those two appear only in last 5 minutes of the movie.
AkiraRus

Return to Actor Identification