Cast & crew ID: Love Is Love (2004)

All requests to identify actors in images.

Cast & crew ID: Love Is Love (2004)

Postby Knetan » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:36 pm

hey,

this very obscure Derek Chiu effort has got extremely little info out there so based on the below screencaps, can Chinese readers identify additional cast members outside of Nick Cheung & Wei Lai in addition to producer and writing credits?

Suspect this may be Mainland produced but that's just a hunch as I haven't seen the film yet to see if it's Mainland set.
Knetan

Postby calros » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:06 pm

Thanks for your valuable info! I think it is a HK-Mainland co-production.

Added movie, directors, 1 writer, producers, presenters, prod. managers, planners, phot., art dir. and 2 actors.

Sorry the only cast in your credits only appear in your photo # 7.

Maybe the rest of the cast is listed in the final credits.
calros
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Knetan » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:12 pm

hey,

well, watched it now and there is indeed english credits at the end, including a director credit that certainly isn't Derek Chiu. Don't know where this rumour started.
Knetan

Postby calros » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:25 pm

As this is a co-production, I do not know who must be romanized in cantonese and who in mandarin (I romanized everybody in cantonese).

Please confirm who of them are not correct in "my" credits, including that 2nd director.
calros
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Knetan » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:25 pm

hey,

I've gotten help elsewhere and this link should prove to be helpful. In short, Chiu seems to be the co-director.

http://adg.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=475
Knetan

Postby calros » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:15 pm

Thanks! Changed name of the co-director to mandarin.

I suspect Derek Chiu (who indeed appears in the first photo of your credits as co-director) only supervised or re-edited or directed a few scenes of this mainland movie (as other directors do, for example Godfrey Ho :wink: )

The director of the end credits, Wu Guo Ping 吳國平 maybe is only the mainland unit director, but I cannot check unless you post the complete photo.
calros
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Knetan » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:08 pm

hey,

well, here are two screens of the end crawl (the cast list preceeds the director credit of Wu's).

Not knowing how you construct movie credit in this case, based on what you've now seen, is that a fair assumption to make that Chiu may have been less involved than an actual co-director would?
Knetan

Postby Knetan » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:17 pm

hey,

on that note, the rest of the cast:

Knetan

Postby calros » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:37 pm

Ooops you are right. This is a third director. Added too.

Also thanks to your screenshots I added film editor of the HK version (I cannot decipher the film editor of the mainland version), assist. director and 3 actors more and their roles.

I found the DVD cover of the HK version: as you can see, the only director credited here is Derek Chiu ( 趙崇基 ) :shock:

In co-productions is usual that part of the crew changes in the credits (mainly the production team) but this is the first time I see this "brutal" change in the "mise-en-scene" credits.
calros
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Knetan » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:49 pm

hey,

all righty, I can finally finish my review with emphasis on the Derek Chiu perspective. :)
Knetan

Return to Actor Identification