Just Heroes

All requests to identify actors in images.

Just Heroes

Postby STSH » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:59 am

STSH
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Michael Kistner » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:20 am

Added a lot of names to the image gallery.
Michael Kistner
HKMDB Immortal

Postby MrBooth » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:35 am

Nice quality captures, but the aspect ratio is wrong... 720 x 576 indicates they were taken from an anamorphic PAL disc. That means they should be resized to 1024 x 576 to correct the aspect ratio. XNView is the best tool I've ever found for doing batch image operations (you can easily set up a script that will resize the image and then "auto crop" to remove black bars):

http://www.xnview.com/

Or you can send them to me and I'll do a more personalised crop to "portrait format" where appropriate :)
MrBooth
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Fan » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:58 am

John Cheung Ng-Long -- Finally know his name. :D
Fan

Postby bkasten » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:24 pm

FYI, I can have the system do large-scale aspect adjustments on images as long as we know the original and desired aspect ratios. If someone wants to upload a batch of improperly aspected images and does not have the tools or knowledge to make the conversions, let me know via email an I can use the system's image libraries.

That aside, in general, note that we really want to avoid the uploading of incorrectly aspected images. They reduce the overall quality of our image pool.

I will be posting some image upload guidelines...as over time I am tending to see images uploaded into the system that really should not be there--for both quality and content reasons.
bkasten
Administrator

Postby STSH » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:28 am

A'propos of this, a suggestion :

Perhaps a Chief Image Editor should be appointed.
Such a person would
1. stretch/flatten images as needed
2. Crop images to portraiture, as needed
3. Cull lower grade images

#3 would, of course, be the controversial one.

Volunteers ?

guilao wrote:FYI, I can have the system do large-scale aspect adjustments on images as long as we know the original and desired aspect ratios. If someone wants to upload a batch of improperly aspected images and does not have the tools or knowledge to make the conversions, let me know via email an I can use the system's image libraries.

That aside, in general, note that we really want to avoid the uploading of incorrectly aspected images. They reduce the overall quality of our image pool.

I will be posting some image upload guidelines...as over time I am tending to see images uploaded into the system that really should not be there--for both quality and content reasons.
STSH
HKMDB Immortal

Postby MrBooth » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:36 am

I'd be happy to take on the role :) I'm pretty adept at image manipulations by now, and hope I've got a pretty good track record for uploading quality images :)
MrBooth
HKMDB Immortal

Postby bkasten » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:47 pm

MrBooth wrote:I'd be happy to take on the role :) I'm pretty adept at image manipulations by now, and hope I've got a pretty good track record for uploading quality images :)

Welcome our new Chief Image Editor.

How about a new forum (HKMDB Images) in your honour?
bkasten
Administrator

Postby MrBooth » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:42 pm

8) groovy

A forum for image content sounds like a good idea :)
MrBooth
HKMDB Immortal

Return to Actor Identification