Unknown Korean Actor (2) - ID Jeon Jeong-ik

All requests to identify actors in images.

Postby J.J.Hayden » Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:14 pm

https://hkmdb.com/db/people/view.mhtml?id=60799&display_set=eng

It's been a very good month (or two now :P ) for me in terms of research. I've managed to get to the bottom of many mysteries I've been working on for years. Including one that I'm very pleased to get to the bottom of over the last few days, as the about a week or two ago I spent an entire week looking over a rare film a friend sent me. It took that long due to some kind of time coding error which makes me unable to fast forward or rewind, so I had to come up with some unideal solutions. But even then it seemed fruitless.

Fortunately due to some puzzle work, I started a chain reaction of breakthroughs that led me to me solving the mystery in the end. Sorry to waffle on, but it was so frustrating and disheartening to have put in such effort with no results. So for it to turn around so quickly, I'm very happy.

Anyway what I'm happy to add today is another solution to a mystery, one that I'd actually addressed before. An ID that I had actually got correct, but at the time was only an assumption, as there were only two credits, both of which featured non-Koreans, so I couldn't be sure that this actor was not actually a Taiwanese or Hong Konger I didn't recognise. Fortunately the KMDB has actually came through for once and added a new ID (and I believe it's correct, I've noticed them make quite a few mistakes :p ), so I can now say that Unknown Korean Actor (2) is called Jeon Jeong-ik. There wasn't much else to add, just his Hangul, another alias and a few more pics to his only two credits.

So I finally finished what I started, IDing all the old Unknown Korean Actor pages on the HKMDB: #1 Kim Yeong-in; #3 Lee Jae-yeong (2); #4 Hong Seong-chan; #5/7 Kim Ki-hong/Yeong Seop; #6 Moon Jong-geum

It's been nearly two years but we got there in the end :P I'll keep the Hanja [ 姓名不詳的韓國演員 (trad) / 姓名不详的韩国演员 (simp) ] on file though, as I may have to add some new ones myself at some point, some people seem to never be credited. Despite whittling down my own unknowns list from about 100, I've still got at least 30 Korean actors that appear in more than one film that I don't have names for, though this does include people that are unlikely to appear on the HKMDB.

Sorry to waffle on, I've had a drink since It's my birthday :P
Cheers
J.J.Hayden
HKMDB Editor

Return to Actor Identification