Who is the sniper in "The Mission"?

Additions and modifications to the database

Re: Who is the sniper in "The Mission"?

Postby STSH » Fri Mar 24, 2000 12:02 pm

Ryan, can you please update Mission, Hitman and Hero Never Dies to include this name ?<br>There are several four and five character names in Hitman, and I cannot tell which one (if any) is Keiji Sato......<br><br>
STSH
HKMDB Immortal

Identified - Re: Who is the sniper in "The Mission"?

Postby STSH » Wed Apr 12, 2000 8:53 am

Keiji Sato has now been tagged (identified by my missus, who is Japanese).<br><br>I've written in his name in the Japanese format i.e. surname first, and added him to the listings of the three other films named above.<br>I've also added in role descriptions based on the posts above. If anyone knows the more accurate roles, please advise.<br><br>Further, there are four other actors listed in Hitman which have four or five character names and, therefore, could possibly be Japanese.<br>Again, my missus has helpfully done some identifications.<br><br>Taken in order, here are the five actors listed in Hitman whose names may be or are Japanese.<br><br>1. Sato Keiji - already commented upon.<br><br>2. Isuzu Nokoto. My source states that this is an unusual name, but is identifiably Japanese and female.<br><br>3. Sahara Kenji. Valid male Japanese name.<br><br>4. Surname translates as Kawabe. Personal name is strange i.e. not a proper Japanese name. I have not translated this name.<br><br>5. Surname Natsuki. Personal name is strange i.e. not a proper Japanese name. I have not translated this name, although the last syllable translates as "Ko", and denotes a female name.<br><br>
STSH
HKMDB Immortal

Postby STSH » Thu Apr 13, 2000 1:59 pm

It also helps me learn Japanese.<br>Hey, do you know how to code chinese chars into big5 ? If so, you could help code some of the movie titles which have eluded me.<br><br>
STSH
HKMDB Immortal

Postby STSH » Sat Apr 15, 2000 2:37 pm

Do you read chinese fluently ? That'd help me a lot.<br><br>
STSH
HKMDB Immortal

Postby STSH » Sun Apr 16, 2000 11:11 am

I have a fairly large list of movies to add. For many of these, I cannot work out the full Chinese title. I can see them on the LD/Video covers, but do not understand all of the characters.<br><br>If I give you some (English) titles, would you be able to lookup the videos or LDs or DVDs etc, and find the correct chinese titles ?<br>I can start with the better-known titles, if this will help.<br>It might be easier to do this by email, rather than posting questions on this forum.<br><br>
STSH
HKMDB Immortal

Postby STSH » Fri Apr 21, 2000 4:46 am

Sorry to scare you !<br>I won't be asking you to trace any movies as old as the ones on the 70s/80s list.<br>Most of the ones I need help with were made in the 1990s, and are readily available on DVD/VCD/LD.<br><br>Okay, my email is sharptongue@ozemail.com.au<br><br>What email address would you like me to send to ?<br><br>
STSH
HKMDB Immortal

Return to Additions and Modifications