70s/80s fu films with unknown Chinese titles

Additions and modifications to the database

70s/80s fu films with unknown Chinese titles

Postby STSH » Sat Mar 25, 2000 12:31 pm

Here's a list of old fu films which I cannot locate on this Db. I intend to add these movies to the Db, as time allows.<br>However, there are a few problems.<br><br>1. These are English-dubbed American releases and, therefore, do not show the Chinese titles.<br><br>2. The name of actors/directors etc are shown as either their English name, or in romanized Mandarin. This means that, for many of the actors/directors, I have no idea if they are already listed on the Db, and cannot guess their correct Chinese names.<br><br>3. For the titles marked with a "*", I have only the title. That is, no actors/directors are listed or, if they are, I cannot work out their correct names.<br><br>4. I suspect some of the years of release are a bit suspect. They were sourced either from the video covers<br>or other web sites.<br><br>As I stated before, I prefer to rely on primary sources for this sort of info. But if such sources are not<br>available, then these secondary sources may be the only choice.<br>Dave, is it worthwhile adding a question-mark field to go next to the year field ? For instance -<br>"title" (1980?)<br>This could be useful for the cases when there is no reliable primary source to confirm the year of release. Or when there are two possible different years.<br><br>Guys, I'm quite happy to add films with just an English title, year and some actors.<br>But what about just an English title and year ?<br>(I'm quite happy to leave films with just title and year until much later, if you've a preference).<br><br>Lastly, I have about this number of other 70s/80s fu films to add, for which I've not found a year of production. So, there's more to come......<br>
STSH
HKMDB Immortal

Re: 70s/80s fu films with unknown Chinese titles

Postby STSH » Sat Mar 25, 2000 12:35 pm

... and here's the list.<br><br>If anyone knows the correct Chinese/big5 titles of any of these films below, please post them to the forums or let me know.<br><br>* The Assignment,1980<br>* Blood of the Dragon,1978<br>Blooded Treasury Fight,1979<br>The Brothers,1981 (Stars Jeanette Yu, Kao Yung)<br>Bruce and the Golden Chaku,1984<br>* Bruce vs Bill,1981<br>Call Me Dragon, 1978 - ID=8772<br>Crack Shadow Boxers,1979<br>The Dragon The Hero,1979<br>Duel With The Devils,1977<br>* Eagles Killer,1980 - Found<br>* Fighting Life,1984<br>Golden Dragon, Silver Snake,1979<br>* Hammer of God,1970<br>Jaws of the Dragon,1976<br>* Kung Fu On Sale,1985<br>Mad Mad Kung Fu,1980<br>* Mean Streets of Kung Fu,1983<br>Return of the Chinese Boxer,1975<br>Secret Ninja, Roaring Tiger,1982<br>Secret of Snake & Crane,1976<br>The Seven Grandmasters,1978<br>* Shaolin Temple Against Lama,1980<br>The Snake Strikes Back,1981<br>Swordsman With An Umbrella,1970 (listed on Joe's)<br>Young Dragons,The Kung Fu Kids,1989<br><br>Here are a few examples of some names which appear in these films<br>Dragon Lee (lead actor),<br>Joseph Lai (producer),<br>Bruce Ly (lead actor), <br>Bruce Le / Huang Kin Lung (lead actor),<br>Bruce Yung Le (actor),<br>Bruce Wy Lee (actor),<br>Nancy Yen / Yim Nam Hei - FOUND !<br>T J Tong (actor)<br><br>
STSH
HKMDB Immortal

Postby STSH » Mon May 29, 2000 5:49 am

There's some doubt about titles for this movie (movies ?).<br>I've just watched a movie called Shaolin Temple AGAINST Lama. IMDb gives it's year of production as 1980.<br>I'm not completely sure if this is the same as S T VS Lama, and even less sure if Shaolin vs Lama is the same.<br>Can you describe the plot, or identify any actors ? The one I saw was a wild extravanga, with at least a dozen great fighters.<br><br>
STSH
HKMDB Immortal

Postby STSH » Sat Jun 10, 2000 2:20 pm

Similar, but definitely not the same movie. In the one I saw, the weak spot was the guy's ear. The villain either was, or looked very much like, Adam Cheng. And he is definitely killed at the end.<br><br>
STSH
HKMDB Immortal

Postby STSH » Sat Jul 08, 2000 9:36 am

I've found a site which has lots of info about 70s/80s fu films.<br>www.beijingvideo.com<br>It's a ripper for pictures and bio's of famous and obscure faces of this era.<br>Not very well-indexed, but you can't have everything...<br><br>
STSH
HKMDB Immortal

Return to Additions and Modifications