Pretty Girl (1987) Titles

Additions and modifications to the database

Pretty Girl (1987) Titles

Postby Chen Hung Lieh » Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:39 am

https://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml? ... ay_set=eng

Couldn't find a source of the english title "Pretty Girl" or the current chinese title 紅粉情佳人, but there's a Mei Ah laserdisc with the title 紅粉俏佳人. I guess 俏 was confused with 情 and Pretty Girl sounds like a rough translation of that title.

The Taiwan title should be 芳草碧連天, according Taiwan poster and Golden Horse Arward information. It can be watched online and the on-screen title is "Love Is Grown with Flower". According Golden Horse website, the first english title might have been "Flowers of Paradise", but I couldn't find a visual proof.

So if nobody objects, I will soon change the titles like this:

Main titles:
芳草碧連天
Love Is Grown with Flower

Aliases:
紅粉俏佳人
Pretty Girl
Flower Love
Flowers of Paradise
Chen Hung Lieh
HKMDB Editor

Re: Pretty Girl (1987) Titles

Postby yukabacera » Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:15 pm

Agreed. I raised this issue way back when I joined, but I never got around to it: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55408#p89883
I don't have anything on Pretty Girl either. Maybe STSH remembers the source for that title, since it appears he was the one who added the entry.
yukabacera
HKMDB Editor

Postby Chen Hung Lieh » Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:18 am

Done.

I kept the title Pretty Girl as an Alias, but I wouldn't mind if someone else deletes it :)
Chen Hung Lieh
HKMDB Editor

Postby STSH » Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:55 am

yukabacera wrote:Agreed. I raised this issue way back when I joined, but I never got around to it: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55408#p89883
I don't have anything on Pretty Girl either. Maybe STSH remembers the source for that title, since it appears he was the one who added the entry.

Well done, chaps. I added the title from a video seen in a long-gone video shop, where I rented the movie nearly 2 decades ago. The title was on the video cover.
STSH
HKMDB Immortal

Return to Additions and Modifications