Help identifiying a long lost movie.

Discussions about Hong Kong Movies

Help identifiying a long lost movie.

Postby nash » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:47 am

Hi this is a very long shot, but here goes nothing:
I'm trying to identify a movie that I saw as a child. It has to have been at least 12 years old since I moved out of that house 12 years ago. It was notable to me because it had a very moving onscreen death. I was in elementary school then, and I had to hide behind a couch because I was so ashamed at sobbing at such a scene. The funny thing was that my mother was babysitting another boy the same age as me, and I later found out that he was doing the same thing behind another one of our couches. Anyway, thanks for letting me reminisce. Now onto the details of the movie:

I don't remember much about the movie, except that it was kind of like a cops and robbers movie. Some people were chasing another group of people. It MIGHT have been two brothers but one was 'good' and the other was 'bad.' But the thing most vividly ingrained in my mind was that during the climatic action scene, one guy (the younger brother?) is shot. The younger brother, as he lays dying has a last request. He wants to have some food (chicken?) at some store nearby. The other guy (older brother?) can't bear to leave him and get some of that food for him. But the younger brother insists and the older brother reluctantly sprints to bring back some of that takeout. When he gets back a few minutes later and the younger brother is already dead. Teary-eyed, the remaining brother goes off and continues the scene (they're being chased, or there's a hunt, or something).

It sounds really cheesy, and the details are probably way way way off. But if this rings a bell in anyone's mind, any help would be greatly appreciated. I really want to find this movie and take me back to the first good emotional cry I had as a kid! =)
nash

Return to Hong Kong Movies