Troublesome Night (1997)

All requests to identify actors in images.

Troublesome Night (1997)

Postby Bearserk » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:07 pm

Troublesome Night

About time I started with this series :)
Bearserk
Chief Image Editor

Postby Brian Thibodeau » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:40 pm

I just started watching this series myself! I had to wait until I had all nineteen of them before beginning, though, as I really wanted to test my limits of endurance! We'll see how far I get. :lol:
Brian Thibodeau

Postby dleedlee » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:51 pm

You two are brave men. I watched up til around #5 or #6 when they first came out, then started to lose interest. I thought they were pretty good but I've heard the later ones didn't quite sustain the 'franchise'.
???? Better to light a candle than curse the darkness; Measure twice, cut once.
Pinyin to Wade-Giles. Cantonese names file
dleedlee
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Brian Thibodeau » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:09 pm

Brave ain't the half of it. I'm also mid-way through the Bond's Angels DV series starring Simon Loui, and it turned out there's a lot more of 'em than I first realized! What a chore, especially since several of them aren't in the database (soon though!!), but really, I'm only doing this so others won't have to suffer the same way I have! I'm nothing if not a completist (or should I say masochist?) :lol:
Brian Thibodeau

Postby Bearserk » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:26 pm

hehe :lol: First 2 was okay at least, looking forward to see the rest of them, but I would really like to find a place that still sells the second movie in the series on DVD, hate to have holes in the collection :(
Sure sucks to be a completist when you can't get hold of them all.
Bearserk
Chief Image Editor

Postby Gaijin84 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:46 pm

but really, I'm only doing this so others won't have to suffer the same way I have! I'm nothing if not a completist (or should I say masochist?)

Ahhhh, a fellow masochist. One reason I'm willing to sit through the Men Behind the Sun series and pull screen shots. Why have anyone else go through that misery?
Gaijin84
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Brian Thibodeau » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:10 am

...but I would really like to find a place that still sells the second movie in the series on DVD, hate to have holes in the collection

Number 2 was the only one I ended up buying on VCD because I couldn't find a DVD either! And wouldn't you know, the second disc gave me trouble on the weekend, but I had no time to test it on another player, so I might have to hold off on my plan to watch them in chronological order. :lol: I'm hoping to head over to the Chinese malls on my day off Thursday to do some bargain VCD bin trawling, so hopefully another one will show up. And somehow, I just know know the movie's probably not worth all the effort. :roll:
Brian Thibodeau

Postby Brian Thibodeau » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:17 am

Ahhhh, a fellow masochist. One reason I'm willing to sit through the Men Behind the Sun series and pull screen shots. Why have anyone else go through that misery?

We're nothing if not dedicated! I actually sat through the first MEN in a theatre with an audience of about 30 that steadily dwindled as the film wore on. But once again, I just had to be a completist and stay to the end! I still feel a little dirty, and that was nearly eight years ago!
Brian Thibodeau

Postby Young Master » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:34 pm

but I would really like to find a place that still sells the second movie in the series on DVD

I know a place.. :)

Well, im not sure if it's the DVD.. but here's the shop:

http://www.darkdisc.com/index.php?external=true&movie_id=1347

If you want some help with contacting them, PM me. I'm not sure they are sending orders to Norway.
Your Kung-Fu just not any good...
Young Master

Postby Brian Thibodeau » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:50 am

That is SO tempting... :)

Is that the price, 119 Kroner, up beside the title? In Canadian, that's just shy of $20, which seems a bit steep. Plus, the picture seems like a VCD sleeve. But still, I DO need it... :roll:
Brian Thibodeau

Postby Young Master » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:44 pm

I have just called them and it's the DVD they're selling. They sell worldwide and payment is paypal or Iban account. So those who are interested, just send an email to them :)
Your Kung-Fu just not any good...
Young Master

Postby Bearserk » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:44 pm

Nice one :D

I don't have a Paypal account myself, so see if I can't hazzle a mate of mine to buy it for me :D

Thanks
Bearserk
Chief Image Editor

Return to Actor Identification