RIP – Corey Yuen Kwai 元奎

Additions and modifications to the database

RIP – Corey Yuen Kwai 元奎

Postby J.J.Hayden » Mon Aug 12, 2024 3:19 pm

https://hkmdb.com/db/people/view.mhtml?id=4786&display_set=eng

Another very sad update to make. Unfortunately another of the greats has been taken from us too soon. Obviously his legacy will live on, especially with so much of his greatness being preserved for posterity right here on the HKMDB. RIP Corey.
J.J.Hayden
HKMDB Editor

Re: RIP – Corey Yuen Kwai 元奎

Postby J.J.Hayden » Mon Aug 12, 2024 4:29 pm

I've just been informed that some sources are saying that he actually died 2 years earlier of Covid, but that his family asked for it not to be publicised at that time. I'm not yet sure if this means he passed on this day (12th August) in 2022, or an undisclosed date in 2022, so this will take some looking into. I'll update the page if further info becomes available.

Cheers
J.J.Hayden
HKMDB Editor

Postby bensonxu » Tue Aug 13, 2024 1:34 am

There is a mistake, Corey Yuen not died in today or yesterday, According to today's news, he passed away during the epidemic in 2022, but his family did not want it to be announced, so he has been hiding it until now
bensonxu

Postby J.J.Hayden » Tue Aug 13, 2024 2:52 pm

It seems it's true that he actually passed in 2022, so I have changed the data to match. It was also implied in some sources that it was in fact the 12th August, but I couldn't be sure on this, so have left it. Hopefully we'll find out for sure at some point from someone who can read much more Chinese than me.

I also added his birthplace as Hong Kong since most of the same sources mention this too.
J.J.Hayden
HKMDB Editor

Return to Additions and Modifications