Bobby Samuels update

Additions and modifications to the database

Bobby Samuels update

Postby J.J.Hayden » Sun May 21, 2023 12:20 am

After watching an interview with Bobby Samuels the other day, I went to look over his HKMDB page and added his DOB and birthplace. He stated that he actually was in Manhattan Midnight and She Shoots Straight but that his scenes were cut, so I didn't add them, I did however see one pic that (I'd actually added to my notes) I don't think is Bobby Samuels, the Police Story III pic. I watched that scene and am convinced it's not him, also in the interview he made no mention of working on it, in fact he said that he was due to work on Rumble In The Bronx but had to pull out because Sammo had a falling out with JC. I think it's safe to remove his name from that film, but wanted to see if other eyes agree?
https://hkmdb.com/db/movies/image_detail.mhtml?id=7616&image_id=13872&display_set=eng

I also checked over a few sites that had (alleged) larger filmographies of Bobby and had him in a few more HK films, but I was unable to watch any of the, except a few scenes from The Good, The Bad & The Beauty and I believe that this pic (already on HKMDB) might be him. Eager to here anyone's thoughts on this?
https://hkmdb.com/db/movies/image_detail.mhtml?id=6987&image_id=236669&display_set=eng

Cheers
J.J.Hayden
HKMDB Editor

Re: Bobby Samuels update

Postby Michael Kistner » Tue May 23, 2023 2:50 pm

In my opinion both images do not look like him.
Michael Kistner
HKMDB Immortal

Re: Bobby Samuels update

Postby J.J.Hayden » Tue May 23, 2023 4:46 pm

You could be right, even though I think the second does have a look of him, I'm not convinced, it'd be nice to see the full film. But I'm confident the Supercop guy is not him.
J.J.Hayden
HKMDB Editor

Return to Additions and Modifications